I've been a book worm for pretty much my whole life. I've read many types of books over the course of my life, but currently the sorts of books I enjoy the most are fantasy and science-fiction. I particularly like it if these genre's are mixed with comedy like the style of Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett. I definitely can enjoy more serious fantasy and science-fiction though. I also enjoy vampire books, but not quite as much as I did when I was younger.

This blog is mainly for my book reviews, but I also post quotes and other random book related things. If you'd like to know more about the books I've read and am planning to read, I'm a member at several different book sites, and links to my profiles are listed under My Pages.



Saturday, June 14, 2014

Review of Space Sushi by L. R. Currell

Space Sushi by L. R. Currell is a short science fiction story set in around a hundred years in the future. The main character is a food critic who has been assigned to review an alien delicacy that has the potential to be deadly if not prepared properly much like the Japanese dish fugu. Despite the fact that he is good friends with the chef and trusts him to prepare the dish safely, he is still quite nervous about trying it. Will this exotic delicious meal be his last, or will he live to tell the tale?

The story was ok, but it didn't really draw me in that much until the end. I'm not saying it was a bad story, but I think perhaps it just wasn't my cup of tea. I do think it was very well written except for some scattered typos and grammar errors, but nothing that made the piece unreadable. I found the end of the story to be very predictable, but I enjoyed the drama of it. Overall I rated this story three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment