I've been a book worm for pretty much my whole life. I've read many types of books over the course of my life, but currently the sorts of books I enjoy the most are fantasy and science-fiction. I particularly like it if these genre's are mixed with comedy like the style of Douglas Adams and Terry Pratchett. I definitely can enjoy more serious fantasy and science-fiction though. I also enjoy vampire books, but not quite as much as I did when I was younger.

This blog is mainly for my book reviews, but I also post quotes and other random book related things. If you'd like to know more about the books I've read and am planning to read, I'm a member at several different book sites, and links to my profiles are listed under My Pages.



Thursday, November 21, 2013

Review of Marion Zimmer Bradley's Ancestors of Avalon by Diana L. Paxson

I really enjoyed reading Marion Zimmer Bradley's Ancestors of Avalon by Diana L. Paxson. In this story the combined kingdoms of Atlantis are destroyed by a cataclysm and the survivors must make their way to new lands to preserve their knowledge and traditions. The story kept me engaged despite being slow paced and when it was over it left me craving more. There are more books in the series, but not with the same characters(unless you count reincarnations that aren't even mentioned in the books for the most part). This book is the direct sequel to The Fall of Atlantis and takes place about 30 years later. The Fall of Atlantis was not originally part of the Avalon series, but Ancestors of Avalon connects it to the rest of the series. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys historical type fantasies with spiritual themes or anyone that is fascinated by the legends of Atlantis and Avalon.

No comments:

Post a Comment